SEO is one of the most-used and important website optimization strategies. However, great content, backlinks, and meta descriptions won’t pay off if website performance is not optimized. When visitors land on your site and find it takes too long to load, or images don’t display correctly, they will choose a competitor. Improve your website performance through our website development company.
What Is Website Performance?
Website performance refers to how fast a web page loads and displays content. It is crucial for creating a visitor experience and is key to your online success.
Website performance also refers to the overall impact a website has on a business. In digital marketing website performance, usually links to how fast a site loads.
You can measure website performance by the number of server errors, and the size of downloaded web pages. It can also be called page load time.
Website performance and page speed are imperative for any online business and a slow website can lead to:
- shopping cart abandonment
- lost conversions
- dissatisfied customers
- damage to your brand’s reputation
- lower ranking in the SERPs
Most sources say a website should load within two seconds.
Why Is Website Performance Important?
A fast responding site has many advantages, such as:
- Better user experience: Your website needs to be fast to not frustrate customers and make them leave.
- Higher rankings: Google PageSpeed Index rewards faster websites and ranks them higher in search results.
- Customer loyalty: When it’s easier for customers to buy, the more likely they are to stay loyal.
- Improved conversion rates: Website performance can impact conversion rates as slower load times result in higher abandonment rates.
- Better mobile traffic: If the mobile website performance is poor, there’s a good chance you won’t see them again.
Get in touch with our agency which is the best web development company to revamp your website for better performance.
Factors Affecting Website Performance and How to Improve It
Several factors can affect website performance like image sizes and page weight can impact speed.
There are also some of the less obvious issues like geographical areas. These problems might sound like huge issues, but have easy fixes.
1. Effect of Image Sizes Affect Website Performance
Images are one of the most important factors for website performance, the larger your images are, the heavier your page weight is, and the longer your site takes to load.
Optimization of your website images improves significant areas of your site’s performance like loading times and user experience.
The optimal image sizes vary, from picture to picture. Basically, it is to minimize pictures while ensuring image size doesn’t negatively affect the UI.
2. How Web Page Weight/Size Affect Website Performance
Page weight refers to page size which includes aspects like style sheets, documents, images.
Page weight is vital for website performance and can affect how quickly web pages load on a user’s screen. The more content included on a page, the larger it is in terms of bytes.
To improve website performance:
- check for any unnecessary plugins on your site
- analyze which assets are weighing down your pages
- use offsite video hosting
- reduce the number of requests from your browser by combining multiple assets into one file
Ours is the best web development company in India and our services have benefited numerous clients across the globe and through various industries.
3. Reduced Redirects and HTTP Requests Improves Website Performance
HTTP requests allow a web browser to request information from a server and display it on a webpage.
For pages to load quickly, there should be as few HTTP requests as possible from the server to the browser.
Ways to reduce HTTP requests on your site:
- reducing image size by optimizing images
- merging multiple JS files
- using a Content Distribution Network (CDN)
Redirects are another issue that can slow website performance as they take users from one page to another. If a website has too many redirects the website can rank lower and it may also be slower.
4. Overcome Geographical Location Limitations
Consider geographical location because the closer the two parties are, the faster the loading time.
Though you can’t do much about the distance between visitors to your website, you can speed things up by introducing a CDN.
A CDN is a geographically distributed group of servers deployed in multiple data centers that provide content for one or more websites or web applications.
By storing your files closer to your audience, you can reduce load time.
5. Look at Your Hosting Plan
The website hosting plan that you had chosen years ago might have been the perfect fit then, but as your site gains attention and traffic increases, it might not serve you so well anymore.
As a result, a lot of downtimes, a decline in website performance, and frustration for you and your visitors happen.
Hence, you need to upgrade to a plan that suits your growing audience.
Are you looking for the best web development agency in Kerala? We are only a call away from serving you.
6. Use Browser Caching
Browser cache is a temporary storage area that reuses content files, such as images and scripts, to reduce network traffic.
Using a browser can save time and bandwidth, enhance the user experience, and increase loading times.
Render blocking leads to a significant slowdown in page loading time. The more render-blocking elements a webpage has, the longer it takes for a web browser to load.
8. Other Steps to Improve Website Performance
There are other areas to consider as well:
- cleaning up unclean code
- reducing excessive Flash content
- minifying your HTML
- choosing mobile-friendly, fast-loading themes
- using Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to reduce bounce rates and increase page rankings
- fixing broken links
- compressing your files
Beyond SEO, great content, and good-looking images are also essential for a good-performing website. Whether you’re an eCommerce site, blog, or website owner, website performance is crucial for your online success.
Our website development in Kochi will accelerate your website performance, make it easier to rank, and help keep traffic on your website. Our services enhance SEO, helping to keep your website at the top of rankings and potentially increasing your overall conversions.