Who doesn’t want to drive more traffic to their website and engage users with their content that makes them return to the website again and again? It is essential to have a steady stream of engaged traffic to generate revenue from advertising.
Are you also someone who has been looking forward to improving your website traffic? Getting in touch with our eCommerce development company in Kochi will help you right.
How To Generate Traffic?
Studies denote that publishers like New York Times receive over 40% of their traffic from organic search, 6% from social media, 4% from referrals, and 2% from emails. And the majority of traffic comes from direct sources that accounts for 46%.
Similarly, the Wall Street Journal receives over 30% from organic search, 7% from social media, 7% from referrals, and 1% from emails. And similar to the New York Times, the majority of traffic comes from direct sources, which is 53%.
But the truth is that direct sources of traffic can be harder to pinpoint as it often includes returning visitors who enter the URL of the website into the browser or use a saved bookmark.
And the website analytics tools like Google Analytics can reveal the number of visitors who are new to your site versus the number of returning visitors.
By analysing the behaviour of these visitors you can see which traffic is most engaged with your content between the time spent on page and the average number of page viewers between both segments of visitors.
We can help make a performance analysis of your site and its traffic and formulate contents and strategies that help you right. Do get in touch with our UI/UX development company in Kochi.
How to create a higher amount of returning visitors?
- Subscription Lists.
- Push Notifications.
Email & Social Media Subscribers: Common Challenges Of Subscription Lists
Many publishers will use email opt-in in various formats throughout the website to convert a visitor into a subscriber.
In order to increase that returning visitor number, there are a few specific challenges for the email opt-ins:
- The visitor must correctly enter their email address.
- The email server must deliver your email to the subscriber’s inbox instead of their spam box – assuming they haven’t created a filter to sort your email into a folder other than the inbox.
- The subscriber must open your emails and click through to your website for return traffic.
Relying on social media also helps to keep visitors loyal to their content.
Challenges arise when converting new visitors to returning visitors by making use of social media channels.
- The visitor leaves your website and decides to follow you on an external social network.
- You have to depend on the social network to place the posts you make to your social media profile or page in the newsfeed of your new follower.
- Your followers must notice your post in their newsfeed and click through to your website for return traffic.
Whether you are using the email inbox or the social media newsfeed, you are competing against a flood of other messages from acquaintances and other brands that your subscriber is following.
Here comes the saviour. Push notifications are a faster and easier solution to increase the number of returning visitors to your site.
How To Drive Traffic & Engagement With Push Notifications?
How do Notix push notifications help publishers generate more returning traffic?
- Enables to instantly implement high-conversion: When a new visitor is enjoying your content, they will be prompted to get instant browser notifications for any new content you publish.
- Allows to capture audiences with ease: With just one click of a button to allow notifications, you can convert a new visitor into a subscriber.
- Get seen: When a push notification is sent to subscribers, they will be notified by their browser in the notification centre, regardless of what website they are using at the time.
- Get high returning visitors: A higher number of new visitors become returning visitors, allowing your traffic to increase through visitor repetition, in addition to your constant flow of new visitors.
The single-click to sign up will make it easier to grow your notification list and you will not have to rely on your visitors to enter a correct email address or follow you after leaving your website.
You no longer have to rely on email servers or social media algorithms to properly filter your message into your subscribers’ main view.
You also won’t have to work with the personal data of your subscribers as you would with email notifications.
Now that your site is set up with push notifications, how can you make sure they’re performing at their highest potential?
Incorporate push notifications that yield a higher number of returning traffic. We will help you with that. Do contact our mobile application development company in Kerala.
Know The Best Timing For Push Notifications
Notix push notifications enable you to send notifications to all or segments of your subscribers immediately, at a scheduled time, or automatically when you publish new content.
With immediate and scheduled notifications options, you can reach your subscribers at the times you think they are most likely to be online and ready to engage with your content.
Scheduled notifications by means of a time zone can help you reach your subscribers at the right time, no matter where they are located in the world.
You can also automate your notifications to go out along with your new content and this will allow you to generate return traffic without doing any additional work.
Make Use of Audience Segmentation
You can even segment your subscribers based on interests and other factors to ensure that the messaging you send fits their needs.
Websites that focus on covering multiple topics will find this useful when ensuring fans of one topic aren’t fed messages from another.
You can also make audience segmentation to tailor content to subscribers of regional interests.
Push notifications are an excellent tool for driving more traffic. But when that traffic actually reaches your site, they become yours to lose.
In other words, if our site isn’t set up for the most conversions possible, you’ll lose tons of new leads.
Do contact our mobile app development company in Kochi for guidance and support.