Due to the outbreak of Covid-19, businesses were forced to go online. The year 2021, had seen online presence being the top priority of every seller. The trend is predicted to continue in 2022 as well. This also includes those retailers with highly successful physical stores who are also keen on investing in e-commerce services. Thus, the need of approaching the services of a web development company turned out to be essential.
Because, the primary requirement to sell online is to have a website (not just a website, but a presentable and user-friendly one). However, developing a website is no child play. Choosing the right framework is essential as your website’s functionality and future depend on it.
We have curated a list of the best front-end and backend web development frameworks for 2022.
13 Best Frontend Web Development Frameworks and Its Key Features
Front-end frameworks are one of the prime aspects of the web design and development process. These frameworks influence the aesthetics, visual appeal, and user experience of your web application.
Angular is one of the best front-end development frameworks developed by Google and launched in 2016. Though it was released in 2010 as AngularJs later it improved to the popular version in order to overcome the limitations of the conventional frameworks.
Angular is the only framework based on Typescript and it supports two-way data binding. The view and the model are synchronized here in real-time, and any change in one will instantly be reflected in the other. Angular’s functionality is remarkably stable and has no reports of a critical breaking change in the last five years.
- Excellent tooling support
- Vast community support.
- Secure client-side web framework
- Offers highly secure features like DOM sanitation.
- The “Batteries included” framework offers an end-to-end development experience.
Very popular among enterprises and developers, React was released by Facebook in 2013. According to a Stack Overflow survey, it is now one of the most preferred Java frameworks and is the most used front-end web development framework. Facebook had developed React.js during their initial stages and then they had to undergo constant improvements due to new feature additions and needed an efficient way to fix code maintainability issues.
A most noteworthy feature of React is its virtual Document Object Model (DOM). It enhances its functionality and with the introduction of a cross-platform mobile development framework React Native, it has now captured a significant share in the mobile market too.
- Extremely flexible. Software engineers use it to develop applications for different kinds of user interfaces including web, mobile, desktop, smart TVs, etc.
- React offers the best server-side rendering with excellent SEO support.
- Its features are tested with 2.7 billion Facebook users and is the most disruptive and innovative framework.
Looking for the best web development services in Kerala? Do connect for our expert services.
Combining the good parts of AngularJS and React, Vue was released in 2014 by an ex-Google engineer. The framework has grown to be one of the most popular purely community-driven Web frameworks. It is a simple web development framework that has a small size and offers two-way data binding. The framework is component-based and has a visual DOM model, making it an efficient as well as versatile choice.
- It has an end-to-end application development functionality of Angular and View layer with external data flow features of React.
- Offers premium quality documentation.
- It is 100% community-driven
Ember is an open-source JS-based framework released in 2016. It provides comprehensive solutions for application flow and data management and offers two-way data binding. It is a component-based framework and has a steep learning curve because of its rigid structure. It is also a flawless and fast development framework and big companies like Apple and LinkedIn use it for their development.
- The framework includes a group of APIs and can process similar tasks in one go.
- It offers a complete front end stack
- It has a router, services and asset pipeline.
- Has the best routing
This framework is apt for developing dynamic applications and is efficient in handling updates dynamically, maintaining the client, and synchronizing with the server.
- Automatically updates HTML code and offers 100+ extensions.
- Backbone has a backend syncing feature that offers great support to RESTful APIs.
- Using their Backbone conventions, developers can omit tedious coding.
Get in touch with the best web development company to incorporate the best framework that suits your kind of business.
A popular contender against React, Vue, and Angular, Svelte is preferred by developers for building interactive web pages. It has a clear-to-read HTML templating and aesthetically pleasing look. It is one of the modern web development frameworks and is hailed for its pro reactivity, scalability, and speed.
- The design philosophy is similar to Python and has an excellent tutorial with a real-time interface.
- Offers robust and good-looking API
- Offers features to syntax, installation size, and semantics.
- Svelte optimizes code during compilation and propagates changes with a minimal overhead during runtime.
This is another JS-based framework and is looked upon as a faster alternative to React. It comes in a smaller size, and there’s no need to worry about performance issues. Preact is based on the ES6 framework and is adopted by the JS developers’ community. It is known as a lightweight form of React. It is suitable for developing dynamic web applications.
- Keeps the framework under control.
- Faster virtual DOM library
- Provides batch updates and is tuned for maximum performance.
- It is lightweight and fun to use.
- It uses standard HTML attributes and lets developers be productive right from the start.
LitElement is a base class framework that is used to create quick and lightweight web components that work on any web page. It makes use of lit-HTML to render into the Shadow DOM. LitElement can add an API for managing attributes and properties.
- Enables easy share of web components across your organization
- The components can be used anywhere like CMS, main document, or a framework like Vue or React.
- As it uses lit-HTML, only the dynamic parts of your UI are rendered
- DOM updates are quick.
Alpine is the best option especially for small projects that only need one or two components. It is lightweight and leaves a minimal footprint on the application.
- The significant feature of Alpine is its size which is only about 4 KB
- Works great with your frontend templates.
- Alpine is developer-friendly
- Allows you to focus on development and less on configuration.
- It allows you to harness Vue, React, or Angular frameworks’ declarative and reactive nature at less cost.
We are the best amongst the top web development companies in India, who are capable of advising and incorporating the best framework to suit your needs.
10. ASP.NET Core
Introduced by Microsoft in line with the latest web development trends, ASP.NET Core was an open-source web framework. It is a modular framework and can run on multiple platforms like Windows, Mac, or Linux.
- Provides one of the best tooling support as popular IDEs like Visual Studio and VS Code is also developed by Microsoft.
- Is one of the fastest web application frameworks
- It is lightweight and fast.
- HTTP requests are simplified and streamlined
- Flexible DOM enables components to be added or eliminated easily
12. Semantic UI
Semantic UI is one of the latest additions to the front-end web development frameworks, launched in 2014. Its unique framework exhibits an intuitive UI and has been developed with a focus on establishing a language for sharing UI. The codes are simple and make use of natural language, making them self-explanatory. So it is easy to use, even for newcomers.
- The framework has rich UI components
- Offers elevated responsiveness and receptiveness
- Integration with several third-party libraries ensures an optimized and unified development environment
- Exceptional functionality and simplicity.
Get in touch with our web development agency in Kerala for more information.
An advanced web development framework that is used for enterprise-level development. You can develop responsive, exquisite, and agile websites using Foundation. It is challenging for freshers to learn. However, its features like GPU acceleration for smooth animations and fast mobile rendering make it a noteworthy framework among developers.
- Offers the provision to customize the user experience for different devices
- Provides data interchange attributes and hence for mobiles it loads lightweight sections, whereas for larger devices it loads heavy sections
- One of the best mobile-friendly front end frameworks on the market
The aim of frameworks for web development is to automate the common activities that are performed during the development phase. These frameworks have templating capabilities and allow to present information in a browser, libraries for database access, session management, and code reuse capabilities.
To get acquainted with the best frameworks that work rightly for your business and kind of brand, do get in touch with our top website development company in Kochi, Kerala.